Thursday, June 30, 2011

through the viewfinder


Well, here we are at the end of a month of square format. As you have seen here on the blog, and in the flickr pool, there are many ways to shoot square format. After seeing Muse Mosey's post about TtV (through the viewfinder) last fall, I was intrigued by the idea of using a vintage camera and went in search of my very own twin lens reflex. It's an old crusty, rusty Kodak Duaflex IV. It's not a beauty, but it's perfect for TtV shooting. I love that it is square format and I love the vintage looking texture it adds to the photos {all without that pesky Photoshop-ing}.

I love the way Brandy was able to capture this fun shot full of lovely bokeh with an old Duaflex II twin lens reflex. Brandy has a very inspiring photostream full of square format photos, some using a vintage TtV and others using iPhone apps. If you are interested in this technique, I encourage you to visit her photostream.

See you soon for some summer-time fun!
xo

maureen of Cottage 960

~HBW~
~HBW~ by bford13

4 comments:

urban muser said...

i've never done any real TtV but I love doing it with my iPhone! these are great shots.

Kirstin said...

What a wonderful post! I've only done a few TtV pictures, but you've totally encouraged me to try some more. Thank you.

Brandy Ford said...

I am deeply honored! Thank You!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

These are great shots! I don't have an old camera to try this. Maybe one day. Looks like fun!

Post a Comment

thank you for visiting. take a moment and say hi!